How to Help in Our Community & More
The Care Store served over 300 guests in need of emergency hygiene kits on Thursday, April 2nd! They partnered with Community Compassion Network (CCN) who also handed out over 300 boxes of food.
The next donation drop-off time for The Care Store will be Wednesday, April 8th from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm at 1114 W. High Street. Donations can be made drive-up style and placed in The Care Store's yellow bins outside.
Items Needed Include:
- Travel-size (hotel) shampoo and conditioner
- New cleaning products
- Small laundry detergents
- Toilet paper
- Facial tissue
- Bar soap
- From the State of Michigan | COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities
- Especially calling on health care professionals who can volunteer their expertise.
- Ongoing CRITICAL NEED for Blood and Platelets Due to Coronavirus Pandemic | American Red Cross
- Healthy Donors Urged to Make an Appointment Now
- U.S. Surgeon General: “You can still go out and give blood ... Social distancing does not have to mean social disengagement.”
- The American Red Cross is working to quickly identify and replace blood drives canceled due to workplace and school closures. Search for opportunities near you and check back often as they are continuously adding new donation opportunities.
- If you don’t see available appointments near you in the near future, please search 7-15 days out. The need for blood is constant - patients need your help.
- Currently, most blood drives in our immediate area are not taking place until late April, but if you Refine Search and increase the search radius to 25 or 50 miles, you will see other drives a little farther away are coming up much sooner!
- Find more upcoming blood drives at Versiti Blood Center of Michigan's website (formerly Michigan Blood)!
- How to Give Blood in Michigan During the Coronavirus Crisis
- URGENT: Request from our Healthcare Systems to supply Personal Protection Equipment & Necessary MaterialsThe regional health systems need your help to address supply shortages for the COVID-19 response. At the request of the regional health departments, THRIVE (Transforming Health Regionally in a Vibrant Economy), a co-led initiative between the Michigan Health Improvement Alliance (MiHIA) and the Great Lakes Bay Regional Alliance (GLBRA) is coordinating this process. The President has called upon various industries to donate what they are able to provide in terms of N-95 respirators and other supplies to hospitals. It is unclear how many respirators or other supplies will be forthcoming to this area out of Michigan’s allocation from the Strategic National Stockpile, but the number is unlikely to meet the need. We can expect current clinical supplies to be exhausted.Needed Supplies:
- N-95 Masks
- Hand Sanitizer (>60% alcohol)
- Disinfectant Wipes (>60% alcohol)
- High-Efficiency Air Filter
- Clear Face Shields
- Clear Safety Glasses
- Surgical Gowns
- M4 Red Top Tubes
- Dacron Swabs (for sample collection)
If you have materials that you are able to supply, please note the following:
- Fill out the link in the “Survey for Materials” link HERE.
- For donations of small quantities of supplies, handmade masks, or supplies that are already open, please drop off at the Strickler Nonprofit Center, located at 1114 W. High St., Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858.
- For donations of large quantities of supplies or large equipment in Isabella County:
- CALL McLaren Central Michigan at (989) 772-6720 and arrangements with specific instructions will be made for any donations, and will be delivered directly to the hospital.
- CALL MidMichigan Medical Center - Mt. Pleasant at (989) 956-9211 and arrangements with specific instructions will be made at that time for any donations, and will be delivered directly to the hospital.
For donations of large quantities of supplies or large equipment in Gratiot County:
- Please contact the Ithaca City Manager, Jamey Conn, at (989) 875-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org for specific drop-off location and instructions.
- MidMichigan Health | COVID-19: How You Can Help
- On behalf of MidMichigan Health, we greatly appreciate the outpouring and support from our local communities that have contacted us to help during this COVID-19 crisis. Many others have asked about ways to help during this time of need. At this time MidMichigan Health is seeking support through our Relief Fund or by providing Protective Gear and Medical Supplies. Follow the link to find ways you can contact us.
- Max & Emily’s “People Helping People” are handing out more meals than ever right now, and not just on Sundays from 11 am - 2 pm. Effective Monday, March 23rd, anyone who cannot afford a meal will be provided with one, any day, available 11 am - 2 pm.
- They will try to feed as many people as possible regardless of the size of the line.
- They do NOT need volunteers, but ONE call over the phone to (989) 772-7460 and you can give a credit card donation.
- Just $4.00 gives one person a hot sandwich, apple and cookie.
- COVID-19 Community Response Fund for Isabella County
- Administered by the Mt. Pleasant Area Community Foundation, this fund will provide flexible resources to organizations in our area working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and the economic impact of this outbreak.
- Click the link above for more information or to donate to this fund.
- United Way of Gratiot & Isabella Counties will be best able to assist vulnerable populations, such as seniors, children and low-income families when you donate to their COVID-19 Community Response Fund by:
- Text AID to 91999 OR
- Visit uwgic.org/covid19